The Compact PET Shipping System for Vial Pigs is designed to transport a 10, 20 or 30 ml vial containing high-energy radionuclides. Designed to conserve space and minimize weight, the entire system weighs only 50 lb. An important feature is that the shipping container can be placed at a convenient height while the pig is easily removed from the shipping case. For added safety and convenience, the Vial Pig can then be placed in the 042-466 Dose Drawing System for drawing doses from the vial.
The system meets DOT Yellow II Type A packaging requirements when shipping up to 1.5 Ci (55.5 GBq) of FDG F-18.
PET Shipping System for Vial Pigs consists of:
- PET Vial Pig
- Absorbent Sheets
- Shipping Container with lead shielding
001-706 Vial Pig
– O.D.: 6.63″ h x 4.15″ dia (16.8 x 10.5 cm)
– I.D.: 2.76″ h x 1.51″ dia (7 x 3.8 cm)
- Lead Shielding:
– Sides and Bottom: 1″ thick (2.5 cm)
– Top: 1.75″ (4.4 cm)
- Weight: 21.3 lb (9.7 kg)
001-724 PET Shipping System, Vial
– Container: 11.75″ l x 11.75″ w x 12.5″ h (29.8 x 29.8 x 31.8 cm)
– Cubic Feet: ~1 cu ft (.03 cu meters)
- Weight (Combined): 49.7 lb (22.5 kg)
||Meets DOT Yellow II Type A packaging requirements when shipping up to 1.5 Ci (55.5 GBq) of FDG F-18
||Meets IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, 60th Edition Sections 18.104.22.168, 10.5, and 10.6.1 thru 10.6.3.5.